Saturday, August 29, 2009

Anne Sofie Madsen





Quote:

"Tiki-Mania-Maori
In traditional Maori art the most dominant, mythical motif is the “avianised man” or “bird-woman”. The most important visual art forms are plaiting, relief carving and tattoo.
My idea in this collection was to combine (and confront) this with classic, European clothing - in order to express the contrasts and borders between what we see as primitive/civilianized, exotic/classic and barbaric/elegant.
My idea was not to create bird suits or folk costumes and I decided not to use feathers in the garments and to “translate” the traditional materials of the Maori. I used shoelaces instead of flax strips and exchanged tattooed skin with leather applied on invisible tulle. "

Source: The Danish Design School

LOVE!!!
xx
alice saga

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alice. It's BinBin - i need your address :)

can you tweet me a direct message to binbin_tba